The Strand, Ashton
Part of Group:
At Risk: No
The earliest of the properties which now form The Strand, “Park House” was built in 1910 by Lord Gerard for his land agent, Lewis Pardey. Park House can be seen in the background of an early 20th century postcard (courtesy Wigan World) view of the nearby Jubilee Park fountain. For some reason Mr Pardey took exception to the fountain, and unsuccessfully petitioned the Council for its removal in 1933.
The other houses in the group appear to date from the 1920s or 1930s.