Pemberton Road (off), Winstanley
Part of Group: Yes 10 Ot
At Risk: Yes
Historic England Ref: 196 (Link)
Winstanley Hall is listed Grade II* and the H-shaped core of the current building dates back to the late 1590s. It was altered in 1780 and 1819 (the latter by Lewis Wyatt) and thereafter on several occasions in the later 19th and 20th centuries.
The Tithe Barn, Coach House and Stable, with attached gateways, constitute a courtyard to the east of the Hall and are listed Grade II*. The Barn dates from the early 17th century, whereas the stables and coach house date from the 1830s. The octagonal Neptune Fountain in the Courtyard is listed Grade II and was introduced in the 1830s. The Estate Office and Cottage lie to the north of the Hall and are listed Grade II.
The buildings lie in a overgrown but previously landscaped park which is not explicitly protected but has a close association with the Hall and Estate Buildings.
House. c.1573 with extensions and alterations, 1818-19, by Lewis Wyatt, and extensions of 1840s.
Lots more information:-