Wigan Road, Ashton
Part of Group:
At Risk: No
Built 1906 - Architect Thornely
The Carnegie Library was formally opened on Saturday, 17th March 1906. The library is an imposing building at the junction of Wigan Road and Old Road. It was built at the cost of £5,843, defrayed by Andrew Carnegie, on one of the most valuable sites in the district generously given by Lord Gerard, who performed the opening ceremony.
More Information from the Makerfield Rambler.