Atherton Library & Technical school
York Street, Atherton
Part of Group:
At Risk: No
Historic England Ref: 942 (Link)
Technical school built in 1893 by architects' practice Banks, Fairclough, and Stephen of Leigh; library built in 1904-5 by architects' practice Bradshaw and Gass of Bolton. Red brick with red stone dressings, slate roofs.
Great article by Thomas McGrath on Atherton's Libraries