Mill Dam Cottages
Parkbrook Lane, Shevington, WN6 8AG, Standish
Part of Group:
At Risk: No
Image by Jim Meehan
The set of three dwellings shows levels of early architecture from the 1800's, this is evident from the sloping roofline, external chimney breasts, and symmetrical alignment of the windows.
They were named due to their proximity to Standish Corn Mill and the mill pond and dam, which were about 100 metres away. They were there in 1763 and appear on the Standish Estate Map of that date. They were previously known as Mill Dam Wood Cottages.