Methodist Free Church
King Street, Wigan, Wigan
Part of Group:
At Risk: No
Built in 1866 to the designs of architects, Woodhouse & Potts.
In 1907 the United Methodist Free Church merged with the Methodist New Connexion and the Bible Christians to form the United Methodist Church. In 1932 the United Methodists joined with the Wesleyan Methodists and the Primitive Methodists to form the Methodist Church of Great Britain.
The building was demolished in the 1970's and a Tesco supermarket was built on the site.
Part of the King Street "Lost Buildings" project - Link