Buildings of Interest

Home > Buildings of Interest
  • Grange Farm
  • Grange Farm
  • Grange Farm
Grade U

Grange Farm

Stone Cross Lane South, Lowton, WA3 1JU, Golborne

Listed Date: 00/00/0000
Part of Group:
At Risk: No

Description

Herbert Worsley explains in his book “Family Furrows” (1986) that Grange Farm was originally called “The Mountains”: “Occupied and owned for the last 50 years by Mr. W Bent's family, [it] was farmed by Mr Jim Adamson for many years until 1914...

There are the ruins of two cottages in the yard [see black and white photograph], one of them has clay floors, the occupants lived upstairs and had two looms on the ground floor. It is doubtful if they have been lived in this century. 

Text & images by the Makerfield Rambler 

See Also

Unlisted
Sir Charles Napier
Unlisted
151 & 151A, Lowton Road.
Unlisted
Congregational School