Ex-St Mary's Primary School
Ex-St Mary's Primary School, Newton Road, Lowton WA3 1EN, Lowton
Part of Group:
At Risk: No
“Former school - now community hall - of 1862, with modern Lowton St Mary's CE Primary School behind.
A stone set into the north façade is inscribed as follows: “THESE SCHOOLS \ WITH MASTER'S HOUSE, WERE ERECTED BY \ MARY LEIGH, OF HALE, \ THE PATRONESS OF ST MARY'S CHURCH LOWTON, \ ON LAND GIVEN BY \ WM. J. LEIGH, ESQ., M. P. \ FOR SOUTH LANCASHIRE. \ SEPTEMBER, 1862””.