Former Kings Arms
Newton Road, Lowton, WA3 1HD, Lowton
Part of Group:
At Risk: No
Rebuilt towards the end of the 19th century, the former King's Arms had previously been known as the Queen's Arms and is listed as such in the 1881 census return. The name may have been changed on the accession of Edward VII in 1901.
A bowling green was at one time attached to the premises, but the entire site is now subsumed within that of 'Travelodge Warrington Lowton'.
Included a couple of old images from the 1920's
Text and images by the Makerfield Rambler