New Market Street, Wigan
Part of Group:
At Risk: No
Originally, named All Saints Church House, a home for the Sisters in connection with the Parish Church of All Saints, Wigan, was opened in September 1893 by the Dean of Lincoln. The home is a large one, in the Elizabethan style of architecture, with the upper portion of oak half-timber. The entrance porch is also in oak. The oratory is fitted up with stalls, &c., as a private chapel.
The architects are Messrs. Heaton & Ralph, Wigan, the builder being Mr. C. B. Holmes, Wigan. The whole was been carried out by the architects to the instructions of Canon G. T. O. Bridgeman, Rector of Wigan.
[The Builder 23 September 1893 page 230] Source: https://manchestervictorianarchitects.org.uk/
Much altered over the years to accommodate various uses, Became the Tudor House Hotel.
2022 - Now closed