Ormskirk Road Pemberton, Pemberton
Part of Group: No
At Risk: No
Historic England Ref: 282 (Link)
Originally a public library. Dated 1907 on commemoration stone to right of centre; altered
Opened by Lord Balcarres on 11th December 1907.
The programme was as follows:-
Assemble Borough Courts (Town Hall) King St at 1.45 pm.
Proceed by special tram to the Saddle Inn, Newtown at 2.10 pm.
March to Library headed by a local band arriving at 2.35 pm.
The Mayor presents the key to Lord Balcarres, who unlocks the door and declares the building open.