159 - 161 Wigan Road, WN4 9SL, Ashton
Part of Group:
At Risk: No
Built in 1908 as a house and consulting rooms for Dr Alexander Lee Cobban, “Burnbrae” was probably named after the ancestral lands of the Lairds of Burnbrae in Dr Cobban's native Scotland. A rare example of turn-of-the-century arts and crafts style, the 3-storey building features smooth red brick, a sandstone plinth with slate roof, large window openings and timber detailing to the front pitch gable.
The property has recently been renovated, and the former surgery and consulting rooms on the north side turned into separate apartments.