Buildings of Interest

Home > Buildings of Interest
  • Edge Green Methodist Church
Grade L

Edge Green Methodist Church

Edge Green Lane, Golborne

Listed Date: 00/00/0000
Part of Group:
At Risk: No

Description

Text and image by the Makerfield Rambler

Demolished apart from the southern boundary wall and gate-pier.

Completed in 1867, the Edge Green Lane chapel replaced an earlier building of 1846 close to the present Hansons Aggregates site. 

An illustrated history by Alan Nixon -“Hitherto Hath The Lord Helped Us” (1992, revised 2013)- can be accessed via http://laneheadmethodistchurch.yolasite.com/publications.php.

Original documents relating to the Edge Green Primitive Methodist Church are preserved at St Helens Local History Library & Archives, ref. CAM/1/4

See Also

Unlisted
Hare & Hounds