Robin Hill Farm East
Robin Hill Lane, WN6 0PS, Standish
Part of Group:
At Risk: No
Recently rebuilt but appears to have retained some original stone on the ground floor.
Owned by Ralph Standish in 1725 and tenanted by John Shaw. Mrs Norris was the tenant in 1764. It was referred to as Read's Farm in 1803 and Thomas Read was tenant in 1840. In the 19th century the orchard was famed for cherries, the selling of which was called "Cherry Fair". In 1910 the tenant was Mrs Richardson.
Source: TC Porteus, A History of Standish Parish, 1927
Picture and information - Jim Meehan