What is now, St. Andrews Drive off Springfield Road. , Wigan
Part of Group:
At Risk: No
Built late C18th/early C19th, demolished 1937
The hall boasted dining, drawing, breakfast, and billiards rooms, and befitting the gentry of the late 18th century a servants hall, butler’s pantry, kitchen, scullery, and laundry. Upstairs were nine bedrooms, two dressing rooms, a water closet and bathroom. In the grounds were a pond, tennis court, croquet lawn, coach house, stables, a greenhouse heated by hot water and a cistern containing 5,000 gallons of water.
The link below is an article by Graham Taylor, that takes an in depth look at the lives of the families known to have lived at Springfield Hall between 1813 and its demolition in 1937. It is one of the many halls in the Wigan area that have been lost and have now disappeared into history.