Church of St. Luke
Bolton Road, Stubshaw Cross, Ashton, Ashton
Part of Group:
At Risk: No
To serve the people of Stubshaw Cross, a temporary iron church used in Ashton during the rebuilding of St Thomas' Church in 1891-3 was dismantled and re-erected on Bolton Rd in 1895. Now known as St Luke's Mission Church, it would remain there for just over a century. A more in-depth account can be found in Syd Hibbert's “Come Let Us Worhsip: A History of the Church of St Thomas The Apostle, Ashton-in-Makerfield” (1993).
Text and images provided by the Makerfield Rambler